Moving Tips: Quick Moving Tips
This quick post on moving tips serves as a quick guide for those that are short on time
Quick Moving Tips
- Contact your moving company and provide them with the moving date, addresses, any large items, and packaging needs.
- Start packing well in advance of the moving date. Label all boxes to make unpacking easy.
- Contact the lawyer and make sure all important information and payments have been taken care of.
- Be sure you have updated personal tax prep software ready since some moving expenses (i.e. job relocation) are tax deductible.
- Ensure you have the key prior to the moving company arriving to prevent any unnecessary additional moving costs.
- Get lots of rest the night before the move.
- Prepare snacks or lunch for the moving day in case the appliances are not hooked up yet.
- Make sure the bed is the first thing set up in case it takes longer than anticipated to unpack.
- Invite housewarming guests after the move is complete – unless they will help you unpack – to avoid distractions
We hope you enjoyed this quick moving tip overview. If you would like to schedule a move, or request a free moving quote, contact us and we’ll present you with a competitive moving quote to help you manage your moving expenses.