Office Moving: 10 tips to make your Office Relocation Stress Free
Moving from one office to another can be challenging. Usually it is delegated to a team of staff, or an external team from a removals company. In the case of smaller companies that need to save costs, they will call upon a select few employees to lead the operation. Whatever the case may be, we’ve put together a top ten list to help with an office move.
Our top 10 office moving tips
10. Start early. You will never suffer for planning well as there can be no better way to reduce the fear of a situation than by assessing it for it’s true worth. You should start looking at exactly what needs to be done as soon as you are aware of the moving date, so that plans can be made and services booked. This will give you the time to ensure that everything and everyone is ready.
9. Keep calm and delegate. You will often find that singular pressure to handle a situation will reduce your effectiveness. Handing out jobs will up your ability to work on a larger scale rather than micro managing things.
8. Hire a great removals company. Office removals should be handled by a company who specializes in office removals, as they will be better prepared for the large machinery like scanners and copiers that you may have on site. Large volumes of office equipment and the protection of delicate technology like computers will not be a worry for them.
7. Keep everyone in the office aware of the developments in the move schedule and process so that no one’s work is disrupted by things that need doing. If you are going to use the meeting room to pack things, then tell everyone well in advance so that meetings are relocated. Check out our packing tips to assist you when packing your office goods.
6. Be sensitive to staff’s needs. You may find that certain things need doing at different times, but certain staff are in need of these things to change. Take a step back, assess the situation and decide whether the plan can be changed to accommodate a colleagues needs for the good of the company, or whether they are just being pedantic.
5. Do a tour of the office with your removals staff. You will find this invaluable, as it will mean that they know exactly what to expect when it comes to the big day. Make sure they are aware of when furniture has been flat packed, and when it may be difficult to get through doors and the like. Point out any tricky stair cases or lifts that may cause trouble.
4. Sort out a filing scheme. Any way that you can reduce the likelihood of a filing system being messed up is useful, as this is extremely important. You will need to ensure that nothing is left out of order, as otherwise havoc will ensue when it comes to accounts and taxes.
3. Take care to include all expenses. When you are sorting out a large job it can often be easier just to pay for things out of your own pocket to speed things up. Ensure that you are logging all of these expenses to prevent any issues further down the line.
2. Ensure that your removals team are friendly and that you can get along with them.
1. Relax. Take a walk when you can to get the thoughts of the move out of your head.
We want to thank Removals Service Dulwich for crafting this excellent piece on office moving.
While you’re here, why not get a free moving quote for your office move!